Prepared houses get more engagement
Real estate photography can be an effective tool to help you make the most of your home. When preparing your home for a photoshoot, it’s important to take some simple steps to make your home look its best. As a real estate photographer, I know that clean houses get more engagement and views online. But there are more secrets on how to make your home look more welcoming. So here I put some tips for Preparing Your Home to Maximize Photo Potential.
Real estate photography is no small feat! It can be difficult to make a space look polished, inviting and enticing in just one shot. Fortunately, it’s not impossible – by taking the time to properly prepare your home before the photographer arrives, you can ensure that the final photos will be stunning!
Clean the house
Before your home is photographed by a professional, there are a few things you can do to help prepare.
– Start by making sure any clutter is removed! Followed by a thorough dusting and decluttering of any items that could affect the visibility of the shot.
– Make sure all surfaces are clean.
– It’s also a good idea to breeze through rooms with a freshly laundered soft cloth. This will add crispness and brightness in the photos.
– Remove all your personal stuff, like shoes, clothes, cosmetics, used towels, computer, mobile phone, ect.
– Move small items out of the way, such as magazines and remote controls.
– Take a look at your home from the street and see if any areas could use a little attention, such as overgrown landscaping or chipped paint.
– Once you’ve addressed any major cosmetic issues, it’s time to focus on the details. Remove garden hose and other personal stuff.
Make it cozy
Now, when the house is clean, you can start making it cozy!
– Add new layers of life such as plants or bright throws around neutral furniture pieces. This helps provide a unique story within each frame.
– Nicely arrange larger pieces of furniture.
– Add some strategic accessories, such as a vase of fresh flowers or an attractive throw pillow.
Why do you need to prepare your home?
Real estate photography is an incredibly powerful tool when it comes to presenting your house. It gives buyers the perfect opportunity to explore and experience your home before they even set foot in it!
With quality photos, you can showcase all the features of your house and help spark a buyer’s interest. In the end, this could prove to be invaluable when it comes time to getting the best price or selling your home faster. Real estate photography is an essential step when putting your property on the market.
To maximize the quality of the photos, you need to make sure your house is neat and tidy. When done right, Real Estate Photography is an excellent way to showcase your beautiful space! As a professional photographer, I can say that preparing your home ensures your property sells faster. If you need more tips for Preparing Your Home to Maximize Photo Potential, here is our detailed preparation list.
Following these steps will ensure Real Estate Photography does justice by highlighting all the beauty that lies within your home!